ASA09: Anthropological and archaeological imaginations: past, present and future
This page lists all the accepted panels. Click on the panel titles to see the individual panel pages.
Each panel page has a link allowing you to submit a paper proposal for that panel.
- P01 Thinking, acting and knowing through religious 'things': artefacts in the making of cosmology
- P02 Imagineering the past: the (mis)uses of anthropology and archaeology in tourism
- P04 The material culture of dance
- P05 The archaeology of family and kinship
- P06 Appropriating authenticity: anthropological and archaeological enquiries on a shared theme
- P08 Civilisation: a reintroduction
- P09 Historical ecologies of tropical landscapes: new engagements between anthropologists and archaeologists
- P10 Emergent novelty and the evolutionary dynamics of organic and cultural life-forms
- P11 Engaging anthropology and archaeology: theory, practice and publics
- P12 Something borrowed, something new? Practices and politics of imitation
- P13 Encounters with the past: the emotive materiality and affective presence of human remains
- P14 Exploring the dangers and virtues of ancient things
- P15 Humans and other animals
- P16 Genes and culture, past and present
- P18 Monumentalising the past, archaeologies of the future
- P19 Ruins: perception, reception and reality
- P20 Anthropology, archaeology and human origins: returning to 'big questions'
- P22 Remembering and re-envisioning the past
- P23 Diffusion: a reappraisal of the concept
- P24 If anthropologists had digs
- P25 What can archaeological data tell us about anthropological realities?
- P26 Interdisciplinary interfaces: third dialogical spaces where archaeology and anthropology meet
- P27 Seascape: anthropological and archaeological approaches to the human habitation of the sea
- P28 Cultural negotiation: the dialogue between rituals and globalisation
- P29 Sacred architecture: archaeological and anthropological perspectives
- P30 Space, place, architecture: a major meeting point between social anthropology and archaeology?
- P31 The archaeology and anthropology of the imaginative and imagined self
- P32 Imagining past and present landscapes
- P33 Heritage and art between state ideology and grassroots activism
- P34 The ambiguous objects of hospitality: material ethics, houses and dangerous guests
- P35 Inner landscapes: ethnographies of interior dialogue, mood and imagination
- P36 Anthropology and self-representation
- P37 Healing wounds, working together: archaeologists and social anthropologists in the study of traumatic events of the past
- P40 Professionalisation and institutionalisation
- P41 When is contemporary archaeology anthropology?
- P43 Film programme
- P44 Postgraduate forum