SIEF2015 12th Congress: Zagreb, Croatia.
21-25 June 2015
Click on a stream name to view the panels within that stream.
- All Panels: Show all panels regardless of stream
- General: Panels that address the conference theme but did not entirely fit any of the thematic streams.
- Archives: The future of archives, traditions of institutional and individual archiving practices, and disciplinary concerns about the use and future of collected data.
- Body/Embodiment: Aspects of the body, embodiment, and emotional life in the context of cultural practices and lived experience, as well as politics and social movements.
- Digital/Virtual: Ethnographic practices for researching (increasingly) virtual lives, with digital technologies.
- Disciplinary discussions: The current state of affairs in ethnology, folklore and related fields, as well as their origins, interconnectedness and future.
- Food: Explores the congress theme through food: its production and consumption, distribution, food as cultural heritage and the related practices and beliefs, as well as the social anxieties and politics behind them.
- Gender and sexuality: Gender politics and sexualities, including discussions on ethnographic traditions, masculinities, power, body politics, identity politics etc.
- Heritage: Heritage and the processes and practices of heritagization, including the politics of intangible heritage, material heritage, memory and commemoration, heritage management etc.
- Home: Co-habitation, home as space and material culture, as well as conceptualizations of home and home-coming.
- Migration/Borders: The challenges and dreams of refugees and minority groups as well as the politics and economics of migration, borders as contested spaces.
- Museums: The position and importance of the museum in contemporary and past societies, as well as the challenges faced by museal collections.
- Narrative: Utopias, heritages and realities from the point of view of narrative discourse, be that in the modern media, academic practices or everyday interaction.
- Politics and social movements: The realities and utopias present in contemporary human activism, social movements, egalitarianism and democratic processes.
- Religion: Utopian imaginations, processes of heritagization and social change in various religious contexts.
- Rural: The utopian image of country life, issues of traditional knowledge, and the cultural and socio-economic challenges rural areas face in the contemporary world.
- Socialist and post-socialist studies: The heritage, commemorative practices, transformative changes and Utopian tendencies in the past and present of the Eastern block countries.
- Urban: Considers various aspects of urban life and public space as well as the challenges of researching it.
- Workshops, films and posters: Alternative ways to participate at the congress, inviting interactive contributions (workshops) and visual presentations of research questions, results, data (films and posters).