Through a generous award from the Toshiba International Foundation, supplemented by EAJS money, funds are available to support delegate attendance. The Call for funding is postponed until 2021.
Instructions for applicants
- ALL applications must be submitted via the online form.
- Applicants should not seek 'double-funding' (i.e. if you already have full funding from another source, you are ineligible). Our aim is to support those who only have partial funding from another source or have no funding at all.
- Requests for funding may cover registration, accommodation, and travel, but NOT membership subscriptions nor the conference dinner.
- In order to support as many delegates as possible, partial funding only will be provided to all successful applicants (not full funding).
- Only those earning €1200 or less net income (= after deduction of taxes and social security contributions) per month may apply.
- Preference will be given to early career scholars (PhD candidates, postdocs, or assistant professors), panel convenors and paper presenters. Demonstration of other partial sources of funds by the applicant will be viewed in a positive light.
- Please keep your 'other information' concise. Details about your paper, how important this conference is to your career, etc. are not helpful. Keep to facts regarding alternate sources of funding, how much funding would be helpful to you etc.
- If you make a mistake, please do not resubmit, but email eajs(at)nomadit.co.uk.
Conditions of funding
- The initial portion of the grant will be allocated as a registration fee waiver in our system; any allocation exceeding that will be remitted to the recipient's bank account after the conference.
- Successful applicants must pay their expenses up-front and submit receipts in order to be reimbursed after the conference.
- Receipts are required in order to obtain a grant.
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, grants may only be used for the applicant’s own expenses (exceptions can be made, for example, for the costs of accompanying assistants supporting presenters with disabilities, etc.)
- Travel and accommodation arrangements must be set in connection with participation in the EAJS conference.
- All grant recipients will be required to provide a short report summarising their experience of the conference.
With the continued economic downturn and deterioration in institutional funding, we envisage competition will be huge: we are likely to receive 2-4 times the number of applications we can assist. Applications have a greater chance of success if the amount requested is low or just for registration fee waivers, as we would like to help as many delegates as possible.
The application form will open in 2021.